Editor’s Note: This blog originally appeared on iactivism.org
(in no particular order)
1. Children’s bodies and brains will not get fed by lessons on self-reliance. Not protecting the most vulnerable is not an option.
2. You can prepare all you want and then fight and claw when things go wrong, and it might still not make a difference. You’ll end up sitting next to a river, waiting for issues to run their course.
3. Playing is as essential as food.
4. A circle of women creates a beautiful, safe environment.
5. Beaten by a pair of 13 year old twins in a game of soccer is humbling, but it won’t happen again. (I’ll wait until they are 14 to play them next.)
6. I will not give up on my belief that Darfur will find peace, and our friends will return home.
7. Friendship is Adam making the dangerous journey from Darfur to spend two days with me.
8. I know this subject makes my lists way too often, but if I could have delivered out here a diet coke with lots of ice, it would be a game changer.
9. Mission first, middle, and last.
10. One small person can project perfectly all the beauty of her people.
Little Ripples is creating spaces where children can thrive, physically and emotionally. Support our mindfulness work.
Become a Sustainer of Action monthly donor.
Join the Conversation